Scroll to Top

PewDiePie slams 'insane' media after losing Disney

By / Published on Friday, 17 Feb 2017 12:18 PM / No Comments / 32 views

YouTube celebrity PewDiePie has defended himself against allegations of anti-Semitism after getting dropped by Disney.

In a video uploaded to his personal YouTube channel, PewDiePie – real name Felix Kjellberg – apologised for making “offensive” anti-Semitic jokes but blamed the media for “taking it out of context”.

The 27-year-old Swede condemned the Wall Street Journal’s report that he posted nine videos containing Nazi imagery in the last six months.

“They don’t call it jokes. They call it posts,” Kjellberg said.

“I made a point that the media takes what I say out of context. They take that and put it out of context to use against me to portray me as a Nazi.”

PewDiePie saw Disney and YouTube cut business ties with his website, after labelling some of his videos “inappropriate”.

In one of the videos – since then deleted from YouTube – the celebrity paid two Indian men to hold a sign reading “Death to all Jews”.

He said he made the film to prove a point about the “crazy” modern world, “specifically some of the services available online”.

“I picked something that seemed absurd to me – that people would say anything for five dollars.”

Other controversial videos include a Hitler salute, a Nazi party anthem and a man dressed as Jesus saying “Hitler did nothing wrong”.

“I do strongly believe that you can joke about anything,” he said on his apology.

“But I also believe that there’s a right way and not the best way to joke about things. I love to push boundaries, but I would consider myself a rookie comedian and I’ve definitely made mistakes like this before.”

The YouTube celebrity claims the “mainstream media” is plotting an “attack” on him to “decrease my influence and economic growth”.

Thanks to: Entertainment News – Latest Celebrity & Showbiz News | Sky News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *